I ran into this problem today where I was trying to clone a repo that I owned.
When I got the “Repository not found” I Googled it to find the following answers:
- Your account doesn’t have access (it did)
- Typo (nope, I copied and pasted)
- The repo doesn’t exist (nope, see the second bullet)
I was dumbfounded. I was about to contact Github support when I saw an update in an article where someone had the same problem.
Under the repo address there is an option for HTTPS. It turns out when you are using a private repo you may need to grab the HTTPS address instead of the GIT one.
Hopefully this helps.